For the love of all that is holy…PLEASE JUST STOP!
I have to say this before I lose my mind; if you are reaching out to prospective cold leads with a message or email that sounds like one of these off-the-shelf bullshit tactics– please, please, please stop doing this. All you are doing is pissing people off. I receive upwards of 10 of these a day…every. single. day. I already know that I’m not going to do business with you because you can’t even bother to send me something that is genuine and real. You have already lost my trust and business and it feels like SPAM.
Just some examples of dishonest and shady sales tactics in messages and emails.
1. “Hi! I didn’t hear back from you from my previous first email/message…”
2. “My coworker showed me your profile and I was VERY impressed with…”
3. “With all your great content, we think your profile could be getting so much more engagement with us…”
4. “I hope you don’t mind but I already went ahead and…”
5. “We’d love to collaborate…” (meaning hire us)
6. “We recently came across your profile and were VERY impressed with…”
…and so many more like this. Enough is enough. This is toxic. If you want someone’s business, then start by engaging with their posts. Offer some free stuff first. Spend some time on getting to know each other before trying to sell me something. I don’t know you. Now I think you’re lazy and unoriginal. I don’t want to work with you in any capacity. I probably don’t even want to know you personally.
Your service to me should come naturally because I’m asking for it or expressing the need for something that you and your business specifically provides.
Otherwise, make the world a better place and just leave us all the fuck alone!
Okay. I’m done….maybe.